Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
- 1 c butter, room temperature
- 3-4 c powdered sugar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract ( or 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste (add more to taste)
- 5 Tbsp milk (if doubling, you can use 1/3 cup milk)
- Mix together sugar and butter until they are blended and creamy.
- Add vanilla extract and milk and continue to beat for another minute.
- If desired, add more vanilla to taste, or more confectioners' sugar to make it stiffer.
**If you want a stiffer frosting that will hold its shape a little better when warm, substitue 1/4 c of the butter with 1/4 c of trans fat-free vegetable shortening.
Serves: Will frost 12 cupcakes
Freezer: store in the fridge 2-3 weeks or freezer up to 3 months. To use, bring to room temperature and re-whip prior to applying to cake or cupcake
Calories: 258 calories per serving