Thursday, December 1, 2011

Once A Month Cooking 1

This is my November menu, I didn't make it until the end of the month, and I wanted to try everything before posting :)  I used the October menu from from Once a Month Mom. Great resource, great place to start.

I ended up with 23 meals, 4 for lunch and 19 for supper. Although no one like my lunches, so I turned those 4 into like 12 for just me!

Lunches - I don't think I'll make either again, as the kids wouldn't eat them with me!
Dinners
    •  3 servings
    • 2 bags  
    • Thaw and reheat, microwave or stovetop
  • BBQs
    • 2 bags
    • Thaw and Reheat, microwave or stovetop
  • Chicken Parmesan Meatloaf – used turkey instead, pretty mushy and not a meatloaf flavor we preferred
    • Accidentally only bought 1 pound meat, so made 1 instead of 2!  
    • Instructions: thaw in fridge. Bake at 350F for 40-45 minutes. Remove the meatloaf from the oven and sprinkle the top with mozzarella cheese. Place the meatloaf back in the oven and bake until the cheese is melted. Allow to rest for 5-10 minutes before serving/slicing.
  • Salsa Chicken
    • 2 bags  
    • Instructions: Dump bag contents into a slow cooker. Cook on low 6-8 hours. Shred chicken if desired. Stir in sour cream just before serving and heat until everything is combined. Serve over rice with shredded cheese
  • Chicken Enchilada Lasagna – only used 9 tortillas, recipe said 16, ended up throwing out all 3 meals, mine turned out mushy and flavorless
    • 3 meals  
    • Instructions: Thaw in fridge. Bake at 425F for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and enchiladas are heated
  • Mama’s Meatballs and Gravy
    • My advice: Best served with spaghetti sauce, otherwise a bit to mushy/moist  
    • 2 pans
    • Instructions: Bake covered at 350F for 1 hour (no need to thaw). Uncover, and bake 10 minutes longer. Serve meatballs and gravy over mashed potatoes or rice.
  • Ground Beef Stroganoff – I'll skip the red wine vinegar
    • 2 bags  
    • Instructions: Thaw. Reheat in microwave or on stovetop. Serve over hot cooked egg noodles.
  • Chicken and Stuffing Bake
    • 2 bags
    • Instructions: Thaw in fridge. Bake uncovered at 375F for 45 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
Breakfasts
·         Harvest Pancakes – bad texture
·         Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins – bland taste

Crossed off items are ones we will not add to our journal to eat again.
I kept a running list of what I had so I knew what was in the freezer, it worked great!

Now I need to start my next month! Our freezer is now empty!!

No comments:

Post a Comment